Cooking time : 60 minutes – more
- 250 gram green soy beans (Mung beans)
- 750 ml water
- 300 ml coconut milk ( you can substitute it with fresh milk )
- 100 gram sugar
- 50 gram brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 Pandan leaf, cut about 5cm
- 200 ml thick coconut milk (you can substitute with fresh milk)
- 2 cm ginger, crushed
- a pinch of salt
- Clean the green soy beans. Then cook it with water until it’s really tender (like porridge). It is necessary to add more water if it’s not soft yet. And stirring it well while cooking.
- When the green soya is already tender, add coconut milk, vanilla sugar then pandan leaf. Stir well until the porridge little bit thick. Then add the sugars (white and brown) and salt. Keep stirring it so it won’t burn.
- Cook until it’s thick like porridge.
- Make the coconut sauce by boiling all the ingredients.
- Serve the green soya porridge (bubur kacang hijau) with the coconut sauce on top. You can add little steamed black sticky rice as additional.