Approximately cooking time : 15 – 30 minutes
– 2 big carrots, thinned sliced
– 2 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlics, chopped
– 1 tea spoon of pepper
– 500gr chicken fillet or 1 chicken breast, boil until its tender with two chopped garlic. Take the meat from the stock and don’t throw away the stock. Cut the meat into small pieces.
– ½ tea spoon of sugar
– A pinch of salt or, chicken seasoning mixture if you desire it
– 20 Spring Rolls Sheets (available ready-made at supermarket)
1. Make the filling : Heat 3 table spoon of oil, and stir fry the onion and garlic. Then add the chicken meat, and the carrots. Pour some of the chicken stock, just enough to make the carrots tender. Add the pepper, salt and sugar. Cook until about 10 minutes or until the carrot is tender and little bit dry and moist.
2. Make the spring rolls : Place the spring roll wrapper with one corner at the bottom so that it resembles a diamond form. Brush the four edges of the wrapper with the beaten white egg or water. Next, add the filling or the meat put it in the bottom part of the wrapper in a thin log shape, not touching the edges. Leave the bottom few centimetres clear. Lift the wrapper over the top and tuck it in under the filling. Fold over the left side, and then the right side and roll it up to form a tube. Brush a little more egg along the top part and seal the roll. Repeat until all the rolls are finished.
3. Fry the spring rolls : Once the oil is hot, deep fry the spring rolls until lightly brown, which should take only a minute or two. Put them on the tray to let them drain. Serve your crispy Lumpia (spring rolls) as an appetizer. They go wonderfully with a sweet, spicy and sour sauce or simply eat with green little chili.
Have a try.. Happy cooking ^_^